The Ticket


After pulling in the driveway from a long day at work, I walked in the house and hung my keys on the hook. I went in the kitchen and grabbed a beer from the refrigerator and noticed the mail on the counter. One envelope stood out from the other mail. I took a peek at it. It was addressed by our local Police Dept.

"Mmm," I mumbled. "Maybe they want a donation". I opened the envelope and found the bright pink ticket inside. Across the page in bold print was the reason for the ticket; $100.00 fine for speeding - 65 miles per hour in a 35 zone.

"Honey, I'm home," Shane called.

"I'm in the kitchen."

Shane made his way into the kitchen. He walked over and kissed me. Oh how he smelled so good. But I pulled back and asked,

"Shane, can you explain this pink slip?"

"Oh it's probably another fine. Opps," he laughed.

He just blew it. "What do you mean another? How many more are there?" I asked.

"Umm, two."

"Go get them, please."

"Trayton, come on can't it wait?" he whined and stomped his foot.

"No, go get them please," I repeated.

"Fine!" Shane snapped and stormed off.

After a bit I called to my missing partner, "Shane Michael please come here. Now!"

He looked nervous as he approached me with the other tickets. Both of these tickets were for speeding too. I grabbed his arm and turned him sideways and swatted him twice on the behind.

"Ouch! Ok, Ok, I was going to be late for work," He cried.

I asked him, "What time are you supposed to be at work?"

"Nine a.m."

"From now on you will not be late for work because I will be taking you. Please hand me your car keys," I told him.

"Please Trayton," he whined once more.

My eyebrow went up and he knew I wasn't going to give in.

"I'm really sorry, Trayton. I messed up." He said, and gave me the keys.

"Hey, don't worry. We took care of it," I said. "I hope you've learned your lesson?"

Shane nodded and said, "Yes Sir."

"Come here." I said and opened my arms.

Shane came to me for a cuddle.

"Are you up for a walk?" I asked my brat.

He nodded once more and we walked out the door hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment